Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn the immediate postwar years, a new type of modern architecture emerges. Beatriz Colomina presents domesticity as a potent new weapon in a changed architectural battlefield. This architecture becomes the property of the middle-class consumer bombarded with images of domestic bliss, a lifestyle campaign launched through recycled military techniques. The significance of architects like Charles and Ray Eames lies in their sensitivity to buildings and images both defining space. Colomina is Director of Princeton University's Architecture PhD program and acclaimed author of Privacy and Publicity and Sexuality and Space. Domesticity At War is specially designed as a two-tiered, text and photo, flip-book.
- Author(s)Beatriz Colomina
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1225 g
- Width152 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.