All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionForty years in the business. Forty stories. Forty recipes. One crazy life. Join Thierry Tellier in a journey that transcends time. It begins at his birth in the Loire Valley of France and culminates in the rolling hills of the present day New River Valley in Virginia. Through forty stories, this timeline reveals Thierry's life, his growth, and his dedication to the craft of bread and pastry making, as well as his evolution of kwledge, and experience regarding food and its creation. It also showcases his sense of humor. From teenage antics to workplace pranks, you will gain a sense of his joie de vivre-or joy of living. The most simple as well as the most sophisticated of palates will be rewarded as Thierry shares forty of the recipes that he has amassed in his la folie, or crazy, forty years in the food industry. Your mouth will water simply reading about decadent chocolate truffles, delicate salmon swimming in a savory leek cream sauce, luscious leg of lamb, creamy cheese wrapped in salty ham and sweet caramelized pear, and warm, flaky, fresh-from-the-oven bread. These are just a sampling of the sensational dishes that Thierry has compiled. Throughout these pages, experience for yourself Thierry's passion for life, food and family, his American dream come true, and most of all, La Folie Forty.
- Author BiographyThierry Tellier is a pastry chef, husband, father, grandfather, and restaurateur who currently resides in the New River Valley of Virginia, where he owns and operates Our Daily Bread Bakery and Bistro. He was born in the Loire Valley of France, and has spent over forty years in the food industry. He is a multi-faceted creator of delicious cuisine, and his bakery-cafes have been recognized for their dedication to providing his local communities with palatable dishes laced with his signature French flair. Thierry and his wife, Danielle, were both born a month apart in 1957, and her influence on him has been palpable, as the majority of their lives have been spent together. When not cooking, Thierry enjoys fishing, walking, snowshoeing, gardening, experiencing nature, antique collecting, and spending time with family and friends-all accompanied by his lovely wife. ***** Jennifer Jones doesn't just simply write. Writing is a part of who she is. She has been published in The Best of Poetry Project 2014 from Fray'd Tag Publishing, the anthology Silver Lining from Baer Books Press, and the poetry anthology, Crashing Waves, from Swyers Publishing. For more information, visit: www.wowjenwrites.net. When not writing, Jennifer enjoys being a wife, mom, friend, foodie, and accidental coffee snob. She spends her limited free time reading, attending the theater, hanging out with her loved ones, cooking-especially the sweet stuff-and traveling. She currently resides with her husband, teenage daughter, and goofy dog in Christiansburg, Virginia.
- Author(s)Thierry Tellier
- PublisherBaer Books Press
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaer Books Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.