All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>La Llorona</i> (yoh-RROH-nah), w available for the first time in a full-color paperback, is the ghost story to end all ghost stories and truly the most popular cuento of Hispanic America. This story of the weeping woman appears at first to be only a frightening tale filled with mysterious events which cause children to sit wide-eyed. Yet it s the simple, universal wisdom at the core of the story that finally works its magic into their hearts.</p><b>Joe Hayes</b> is best kwn for his bilingual tellings of stories from the American Southwest. <i>La Llorona</i> is one of his favorite stories.</p>
- Author BiographyJoe Hayes is one of America's premier storytellers. He grew up in a small town in southern Arizona where he learned Spanish from his classmates. As he got older, Joe began gathering old stories from the Southwest. Joe has earned a distinctive role as a bilingual storyteller. Vicki Trego Hill lives in El Paso, Texas, where she makes a living as a graphic design artist and illustrator. Mona Pennypacker is an artist and illustrator. This is her first book collaborating with her mother Vicki Trego Hill.
- Author(s)Joe Hayes
- PublisherCinco Puntos Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- LanguageEnglish and Spanish
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCinco Puntos Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width195 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Vicki Trego Hill,Mona Pennypacker
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $9.88Trending at AU $10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.