All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume reveals the beauty and history of one of the great Florentine villas, La Pietra, and the extraordinary Anglo-American family that restored it to its former glory and ultimately bequeathed it to New York University. The book tells the story of the Villa and the Acton family and includes a lively, insightful text by ted art historian A. Richard Turner, along with an elegant introductory essay by Cristina Acidini Luchinar, of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage. The book brings to vibrant life the expatriate community in Florence in the Acton family members, including Sir Harold Acton, the aesthete, scholar, and legendary host; the Acton's restoration of the Villa's magnificent Renaissance garden; the remarkable art collection amassed by the Actons; and the making of La Pietra's new role as an international study and conference center.
- Author BiographyA. Richard Turner is Paulette Goddard Professor Emeritus of Art and Humanities, New York Unversity.
- Author(s)A.Richard Turner
- PublisherFres-Edizioni Olivares
- Date of Publication31/12/2004
- Place of PublicationMilano
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFres-Edizioni Olivares
- Content Note43 colour and 56 b&w photographs
- Weight150 g
- Width7265 mm
- Height7265 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Introduction byChristina Acidini Luchinat
- Foreword byL. Jay Oliva
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.