All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the LaGG family of fighters, that were amongst the first modern piston-engined interceptors made available to the Red Air Forces in early 1941 and proved far better fighters than their radial-engined predecessors. Despite technical maladies and political interference from Moscow. the LaGG-3 matured into an effective fighter when flown to its strengths at low level. Many early Soviet aces were weaned on the LaGG-3, and if they survived the early massacres of 1941-42, they went on to fly the Lavochkin family of fighters. Indeed, the Lavochkin La-3, -5 and -7 were the fighters of choice for Heroes of the Soviet Union such as Ivan Kozhedub, who claimed 62 kills.
- Author BiographyGeorge is a member of the Twin Cities Aero Historians, a group which has been in existence for about 37 years, and which has produced several other internationally known aviation authors. He is also an associate of the Russian Aviation Research Group. This is his second book for Osprey. Jim Laurier attended Paier School of Art in Hamden and has been working professionally in the field of Fine Art and Illustration ever since. As a pilot he combines his love of history with his flying experiences to create some of the most realistic and historically accurate aviation paintings seen today. Jim has aviation paintings on permanent display at the Pentagon and has been published in many books, magazines, and calendars.
- Author(s)George Mellinger
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/11/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey aircraft of the aces
- Series Part/Volume Number56
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight315 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jim Laurier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.