All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the new challenges for work and employment relations in the wake of globalization. It describes contemporary developments and ways in which labor relations systems are evolving around the world and in Turkey. Authors combine the latest information with in-depth insights on a variety of issues. The implications of international trade for employment, the dichotomy between competitiveness and meeting international labor standards, the multinationals' effects on labor relations, social policy implications of American higher education, the search for the right regulatory balance between labor flexibility and job security, challenges faced in establishing temporary work agencies, the role of skills training and providing women with micro credits to overcome informal employment problems are just some of the issues analyzed in this book. Thus, the contributions from Turkish and international institutions offer a valuable overview of the ongoing discussions in the field of labor ecomics and employment relations.
- Author BiographyAfter graduating from the Faculty of Economics Istanbul University, Professor Toker Dereli completed his graduate studies at the Cornell ILR School and Istanbul University. He became an associate professor in 1969 and full professor in 1975 at the Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University. He is currently working as a professor at Isik University. Professor Dereli also worked as a visiting professor at Temple University and at McMaster University, where he taught courses on collective bargaining, labour relations, human resource management and organizational behaviour. His publications include six books and various articles in his areas of interest. Dr. Pinar Y. Soykut Sarica is currently working as an Assistant Professor at Isik University, Department of Management. She has a Ph.D in Contemporary Management with a major in organization theory and industrial relations. She has teaching experience in several courses of management and she has papers presented at national and international conferences. Her academic work concentrates on industrial and employment relations Dr. Asli Sen-Tasbasi is currently working as an Assistant Professor at Isik University, Department of Economics. She received her PhD in economics from Marmara University. She conducted her PhD dissertation research at Lund University, Department of Economics with the financial support from TUBITAK. She has teaching experience in several courses of economics and has several papers presented at national and international conferences as well as publications focusing on international trade.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions to Economics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight625 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAsli Sen-Tasbasi,Toker Dereli,Y. Pinar Soykut-Sarica
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.