All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Third Edition has been thoroughly updated to help make your geology lab more active and engaging. This edition features new What Do You Think mini-cases that promote critical thinking, new and vastly-improved topographic maps, and updated, detailed reference figures in every chapter. With low prices and package deals available with all Marshak texts, the Laboratory Manual for Introductory Geology, Third Edition, is truly the best choice for your lab.
- Author BiographyAllan Ludman is a Professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Queens College, part of the City University of New York. He has devoted more than four decades to deciphering the evolution of the Northern Appalachians through field and laboratory studies in Maine and New Brunswick. He has taught introductory geology for 40 years and supervised the laboratories at Queens College for the past 35 years. Professor Ludman is also the director of GLOBE NY Metro, a K-12 science teacher development program in the New York area, created to promote hands-on, inquiry-based Earth Systems research for elementary and high-school level teachers and students. Stephen Marshak is professor of geology at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, where he is also the director of the School of Earth, Society, and Environment. He holds an A.B. from Cornell University, an M.S. from the University of Arizona, and a Ph.D. from Columbia University. Steve's research interests lie in structural geology and tectonics. This work has taken him into the field on a number of continents. Steve loves teaching and has won his college's and university's highest teaching awards. In addition to research papers and Earth Science, Steve has also authored Earth: Portrait of a Planet, Essentials of Geology, and has co-authored the Laboratory Manual for Introductory Geology, Earth Structure: An Introduction to Structural Geology and Tectonics, and Basic Methods of Structural Geology.
- Author(s)Allan Ludman,Stephen Marshak
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight1060 g
- Width234 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.