All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProductive employment opportunities constitute the primary ingredient of ecomic transformation and inclusive growth. This volume examines India's development experience in the sphere of labour, employment, structural change and institutional challenges in the recent past. The contributors have extended the boundaries of contemporary debate in a variety of ways by undertaking fairly detailed empirical analysis of selected aspects of growth and employment change in India. They uncover the recent patterns of change, between and within sectors over time that challenges popular beliefs and understanding of employment growth in India. Analysis of population ageing, gender discrimination, impact of labour regulation; institutional analysis; dynamics of judicial interpretation of laws protecting workers in the years of ecomic liberalisation among others have enriched the content. The volume contributes to our kwledge of India's labour market and sheds light on employment challenges in an ecomy undergoing rapid growth and ecomic transformation.
- Author BiographyK. V. Ramaswamy is Professor of Economics at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India. His areas of interest are development economics, labour economics and industrial economics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byK. V. Ramaswamy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.