All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLabour law is a highly dynamic and complex field which can be properly understood only in its broader international and historical context. Deakin and Morris: Labour Law, a work increasingly cited as authoritative in the higher appellate courts, provides a comprehensive analysis of current British labour law which explains the role of different legal sources, as well as social and ecomic policy, in its development. It thus enables readers to obtain a deeper insight into likely future, as well as past, changes in the law. The new edition, while following the broad pattern of previous editions, highlights important new developments in the areas of the contract of employment, discipline and dismissal, equality law, EU law, employee representation, human rights, 'work-life balance' policies, trade union law and industrial action law. The book examines in detail the law governing individual employment relations, with chapters covering the definition of the employment relationship; the sources and regulation of terms and conditions of employment; discipline and termination of employment; and equality of treatment. This is followed by an analysis of the elements of collective labour law - the forms of collective organisation, freedom of association, employee representation, internal trade union government, and the law relating to industrial action. The sixth edition of Deakin and Morris: Labour Law is an essential text for students of law and of disciplines related to management and industrial relations, for barristers and solicitors working in the field of labour law, and for all those with a serious interest in the subject.
- Author BiographySimon Deakin is Professor of Law and Fellow of Peterhouse, University of Cambridge. Gillian S Morris is a barrister at Matrix Chambers; a Deputy Chairman of the Central Arbitration Committee; Honorary Professor, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick; and a former Professor of Law at Brunel University.
- Author(s)Gillian S. Morris,Simon Deakin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/08/2012
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight1711 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.