All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays explores laughter, humor, and the comic from a psychoanalytic perspective. Edited by two leading practicing psychoanalysts and with original contributions from Lacanian practitioners and scholars, this cutting-edge volume proposes a paradigm swerve, a Freudian slip on a banana peel. Psychoanalysis has long been associated with tragedy and there is a strong warrant to take up comedy as a more productive model for psychoanalytic practice and critique. Jokes and the comic have t received nearly as much consideration as they deserve given the fundamental role they play in our psychic lives and the way they unite the fields of aesthetics, literature, and psychoanalysis. Lacan, Psychoanalysis and Comedy addresses this lack and opens up the discussion.
- Author BiographyPatricia Gherovici is a psychoanalyst and analytic supervisor and faculty at Apres-Coup Psychoanalytic Association, New York. She is co-founder and director of the Philadelphia Lacan Group. Manya Steinkoler teaches literature, film and psychoanalytic theory at the Borough of Manhattan Community College where she is Associate Professor. She is a psychoanalyst and member of Apres Coup and Espace Analytique, Paris.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byManya Steinkoler,Patricia Gherovici
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.