All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionLacquer Chemistry and Applications explores the topic of lacquer, the only natural product polymerized by an enzyme that has been used for a coating material in Asian countries for thousands of years. Although the human-lacquer-culture, including cultivation of the lacquer tree, harvesting, and the use of lacquer sap, has a long history of more than thousand years, there is very little information available on the modern scientific methods to study lacquer chemistry. This book, based on the results of the authors' 30 years of research on lacquer chemistry, offers lacquer researchers a unique reference on the science and applications of this extremely important material.
- Author BiographyDr. Rong Lu is a senior researcher at Meiji University, Japan. He received his Master's degree from Wuhan University of China in 1995, specializing in organic chemistry and Ph.D. from Hokkaido University of Japan in 1999, specializing in polymer chemistry. His research interests in organic and polymer chemistry, including synthesis of low molecular weight of pharmaceutical intermediates, analysis and improvement of lacquer, and development of composite and functional coatings. He is a co-principal investigator in a project, led by Prof. Dr. Miyakoshi, Meiji University, and funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, to establish a scientific evaluation system of lacquer and investigation of lacquer culture. Dr. Tetsuo Miyakoshi is a senior scientist and professor at Meiji University, and director of both Chemical Research Institute of Biological Resources and Advanced Lacquer Material Institute of Meiji University. He received his Bachelor's degree in Industrial Chemistry from Meiji University, specializing in organic and analytical chemistry. Then, he worked at Meiji University as a research associate (1968-1983) and then a lecturer during 1983-1986. He received his Ph. D. in 1982 at the Department of Industrial Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Meiji University, and became an associate professor (1986-1991). Since 1991 he is a professor at the Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Science and Technology, Meiji University. He is involved in synthesis of spices, pharmaceutical intermediates, and natural phenols, especially in lacquer chemistry. He has published over 100 papers on peer-reviewed journals and one book.
- Author(s)Rongxing Lu,Tetsuo Miyakoshi
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Weight820 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.