All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic toilets provide an opportunity for interrogating how conventional assumptions about the body, sexuality, privacy, and techlogy are formed in public spaces and inscribed through design across cultures. This collection also explores the cultural meanings, histories, and ideologies of public toilets as gendered spaces.
- Author BiographyOlga Gershenson is Assistant Professor in the Department of Judaic and Near Eastern Studies at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and the author of Gesher: Russian Theatre in Israel-A Study of Cultural Colonization.Barbara Penner is a Lecturer at the Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London, author of Newlyweds on Tour: Honeymooning in Nineteenth-Century America and co-editor of Gender Space Architecture.
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBarbara Penner,Olga Gershenson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.