All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do you do if you are of ble stock - but impoverished, and living in London with a certain style to maintain? One has to work...but One's relatives will be appalled when One turns One's hand to trade - and opens a hotel, The Poor Relation, offering employment to others of the same social standing and in the same awkward situation. This is precisely what Mrs Fortescue decides upon and, together with friend Colonel Sandhurst, transforms her decrepit Bond Street home into a posh hotel, offering guests the pleasure of being waited upon by the bility. So with the help of other down-and-out aristocrats they do just that - and London's newest - and most fashionable! - hotel is born...much to the dismay of the Duke of Rowcester, Lady Fortescue's nephew, who is convinced his aunt's foray into trade will denigrate the illustrious family name!
- Author BiographyM.C. Beaton is the author of both the Agatha Raisin and Hamish Macbeth series, as well as numerous Regency romances. Her Agatha Raisin books are currently being turned into a TV series on Sky. She lives in Paris and in a Cotswold village that is very much like Agatha's beloved Carsely.
- Author(s)M. C. Beaton
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleThe Poor Relation Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight90 g
- Width131 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.