All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe emergence of observing systems such as acoustically-tracked floats in the deep ocean, and surface drifters navigating by satellite has seen renewed interest in Lagrangian fluid dynamics. Starting from the foundations of elementary kinematics and assuming some familiarity of Eulerian fluid dynamics, this 2006 book reviews the classical and new exact solutions of the Lagrangian framework, and then addresses the general solvability of the resulting general equations of motion. A unified account of turbulent diffusion and dispersion is offered, with applications among others to plankton patchiness in the ocean. Written at graduate level, the book provides the first detailed and comprehensive analytical development of the Lagrangian formulation of fluid dynamics, of interest t only to applied mathematicians but also oceagraphers, meteorologists, mechanical engineers, astrophysicists and indeed all investigators of the dynamics of fluids.
- Author BiographyAndrew Bennett is Professor at the College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University.
- Author(s)Andrew Bennett
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2006
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Mechanics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus.
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Series Edited byMark J. Ablowitz,S. H. Davis,E. J. Hinch,A. Iserles,J. Ockendon,P. J. Olver
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.