All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionLake District Mountain Biking - Essential Trails is the full second edition of this bestselling guidebook. Featured are 26 of the best mountain bike rides in the Lake District, between 12km and 60km in length, suitable for all levels of mountain bikers. All route information has been thoroughly checked for this new edition, to give the most up-to-date and comprehensive guidebook to some of the best mountain biking in the UK. As with all new Vertebrate MTB guidebooks, this new edition features industry-standard Ordnance Survey mapping, and is illustrated with stunning, all-new action photography. You can explore classic rides around Walna Scar, High Street and Borrowdale, and discover several lesser-kwn gems. You can ride moorland singletrack, tackle massive climbs and rattle along some of the rockiest trails you'll ever encounter on two wheels. You can enjoy lakeside cruises, picturesque valleys and 360[degrees] paramas. Researched, ridden and written by local riders, each route features clear and easy to use Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 maps, easy-to-follow directions, details of distance, timings and difficulty gradings, and refreshment stops and local kwledge. This title contains a Bonus Section that includes information about the man-made trails at Whinlatter and Grizedale, Top Tens and a detailed Appendix. Vertebrate Publishing is one of a new breed of independent publishers, dedicated to producing the very best outdoor titles. We have award-winning and bestselling titles covering a range of activities, including; mountain biking, cycling, rock climbing, hillwalking and others. Our autobiography of British rock climber Jerry Moffatt won the Grand Prize at the 2009 Banff Mountain Book Festival - one of the biggest prizes in publishing in the outdoors, environment and adventure genres. For more information about Vertebrate Publishing please visit our website.
- Author BiographyRichard Staton started mountain biking back in Bristol in 1991 on a Trek 970 while on a student work placement from Sheffield City Polytechnic. Being based most of the time in Sheffield those early years were spent riding in The Peak District. After graduation he moved to the South Lakes where he stayed in order to feed his addiction. More than ten years on, he's still here and still riding! Chris Gore is better known for his rock climbing escapades. It is little known that he has been riding bikes since his first tricycle, starting in London and finally seeing good sense and finishing in the Lakes (there are no mountains in London). Chris enjoys both road and MTB and throws himself down rocky slopes on a regular basis. Hey, it's faster than walking!
- Author(s)Chris Gore,Richard Staton
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectCycling Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Content Notefull colour throughout illustrations
- Width120 mm
- Height175 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Coefield
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.