All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting the National Book Critics Circle Award in Poetry for 1981 to Ammons's A Coast of Trees Richard Locke, editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair, said, in part: In the thirty years since A. R. Ammons published his first poems, he has fashioned a body of work that achieves a rare amplitude, specific gravity, and high seriousness. He is a poet of the American Sublime-a nature poet, as we say-standing in the tradition of Wordsworth, Emerson, and Whitman. Amidst the hue and cry of contemporary poetical factions, his work pursues its own integrity: clear, unblinking in its self-kwledge, remarkable for its radiant density of argument and feeling.
- Author BiographyA. R. Ammons's (1926-2001) honors include the National Book Award (twice), the National Book Critics Circle Award, a MacArthur Fellowship, the Frost Medal, and the Bollingen Prize.
- Author(s)A. R. Ammons
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication23/05/1984
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date06/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine7 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.