All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter.Experience all of Lake Garda's attractions with this up-to-date, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination - that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. You'll discover fabulous hotels, authentic restaurants, the region's trendiest places and nightlife venues, suggestions for those on a tight budget and what festivals and events to look out for. Also contains: the Perfect Route, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, What's Hot and Travel with Kids. There can't be many lakes with such a variety of things to see and do as Lake Garda. It's wonder that it caters to such a wide range of tastes. No sooner have you arrived at the shore you tice that southern breeze in your hair. Whether you're having a cappucci or 'spritz' in the cafe by the lake promenade, strolling around ancient Roman sites, on your windsurfer or eating fish under the olive trees, this practical, pocket-sized guide, with its Insider Tips, reveal where you can watch some of the world's top rock climbers in action, and where you can take a relaxing bike ride without needing a map.The Trips & Tours chapter reveals that there is much to discover: smaller neighbouring lakes, the beautiful old town of Trento, and the exciting Museum of Modern Art in Rovereto. When it comes to Sports & Activities, the lake is a veritable adventure playground for adults, a top destination for windsurfers, mountain bikers and climbers. The Dos & Don'ts tell you what you absolutely have to avoid on Saturday afteron and why you should leave your car as often as possible (and t just for environmental reasons). MARCO POLO Lake Garda provides comprehensive coverage of the lake and its surrounding area. To help you get around there's a detailed road atlas inside, useful town maps of Bardoli, Riva del Garda, Salo and Sirmione in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Guides are known for their handy, compact format and unique Insider Tips. Marco Polo Maps and City Maps are famous for their high quality cartography and additional features like mark-it stickers which help to pinpoint a destination for future reference and aid route planning.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight245 g
- Width109 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $87.03
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $45.24
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.10
- AU $43.30Trending at AU $45.58
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.52
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.75
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.