All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- Description[T]here is something utterly in thrall here, honey-slow and fixated. Driven by obsession-in particular, obsession with the legendary French poet, Robert Dess-Muench's identification with a true self beyond the self's kwn truth is startling.-from the introduction by Carol Muske-Dukes Simone's poems have a confidence and sophistication of what I like to call intentionality. Also wit, grace, poise, and a relationship to writing beyond self-referential feeling.-Anne Waldman Lush, sprouting, sensuous images line-by-line, adopting myth freely, Muench's poems are volatile explosives, circling beauty.-James Tate Simone Muench is poetry editor of ACM and is an assistant professor at Lewis University, as well as a doctoral student at the University of Illiis at Chicago.
- Author BiographySimone Muench was raised in Louisiana and Arkansas and now lives in Chicago. She is the author of The Air Lost in Breathing (2000 Marianne Moore Prize) and Lampblack & Ash (2004 Kathryn A. Morton Prize). She received her Ph.D from the University of Illinois-Chicago and is director of the Writing Program at Lewis University and an editor for Sharkforum.
- Author(s)Simone Muench
- PublisherSarabande Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSarabande Books
- Weight290 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.