All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide to the buildings of South-West Lancashire treats each city, town, and village in a detailed gazetteer. The great port city of Liverpool dominates, with its cathedrals, mighty commercial buildings and warehouses, and Georgian inner city. Full accounts are also given of the suburbs and industrial towns beyond. But most of the area remains rural, and in this distinctive landscape are found such memorable buildings as Sefton church, Speke Hall, and the Georgian country houses of Kwsley, ancestral seat of the Earls of Derby, and Ince Blundell, with its extraordinary Neoclassical sculpture gallery. Numerous maps and plans, color photographs, indexes, and an illustrated glossary complete this volume.
- Author BiographyRichard Pollard attended Christ's College Cambridge and the Courtauld Institute of Art before becoming secretary of SAVE Britain's Heritage. He contributed to the Pevsner Architectural Guide to Liverpool.
- Author(s)Nikolaus Pevsner,Richard Pollard
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2006
- Series TitlePevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight862 g
- Width118 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.