All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionWritten between 1972 and 1976, a time of high hopes for the rebirth of a national network of regional theatres, these four plays were major building blocks in successfully creating an audience for the new Duke's Playhouse in Lancaster. Gaunt and Lile Jimmy Williamson focus on the myth and reality of power surrounding two local legends; Buck Ruxton is an imperial tragedy of 1936, a torious double murder by a successful Indian doctor driven mad by the scandal of his Scottish wife's infidelity. A Tale of Two Town Halls is a political satire, a comedy cartoon on the IMF crisis in the mid-Seventies.
- Author BiographyDavid Pownall has written plays for stage, radio and television, novels, short stories and verse. Oberon Books publishes a number of his plays.
- Author(s)David Pownall
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight304 g
- Width210 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.