All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Avro Lancaster is the most iconic bomber ever to have worn the markings of the Royal Air Force. This legendary aircraft was the mainstay of Bomber Command throughout World war II and served throughout the war with distinction. This hardback book looks at the role of the aircraft and features over 70 illustrations of the Lancaster. It also includes cutaways that show the structure of the aircraft that demonstrate what made this such a unique aircraft.
- Author BiographyDavid has always had a passion for aeroplanes. This was reflected in his career choice as an aircraft engineer in the Royal Air Force, where he spent the first twenty-three years of his working life. After leaving the RAF he joined a specialist technical publications company, writing technical manuals for military customers. Eventually, his passion for aviation resurfaced, resulting in his writing several aviation titles, including: Little Book of Flight, The Royal Air Force - The Memorabilia Collection, Little Book of Spitfire, Little Book of Concorde, RAF Aircraft of WWII, and Heroes of the Skies.
- Author(s)David Curnock
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note96
- Weight295 g
- Width197 mm
- Height128 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.