All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionAs a specialist on India, the ecomist Daniel Thorner is remembered for his deep commitment to the cause of Indian nationalism, and his understanding of the country's social, ecomic and political complexity. As a tribute to Thorner's wide-ranging and far-reaching contributions to Indian ecomics, Thorner's wife, Alice Thorner, and his good friend, P N Haksar, have put together a series of lectures in association with the Indian Statistical Institute. This collection reflects the breadth of Thorner's own range of interests, encompassing themes in the social sciences and issues in the fields of public policy and human rights. This book comprises nine lectures, together with a hitherto-unpublished paper by Thorner himself, and an introduction by Utsa Patnaik, Professor of Ecomics at Jawarhlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Author BiographyAlice Thorner has been studying, teaching and writing on the economic and social history of South Asia since 1940.
- Author(s)Alice Thorner
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAnthem South Asian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAlice Thorner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.