All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionLand and Dignity in Paraguay analyzes the sociopolitical mobilization around land rights of the indigeus communities in this country. Throughout Paraguay, indigeus communities have seen their lands sold to private agriculture business, in addition to being subjected to arrests, intimidation, and torture. Since the fall of Stroessner's dictatorship in 1989, these communities have been organizing to oppose neoliberal policies, especially that of land privatization. Such mobilization nearly always coalesces around an organizing frame, and the prominence of dignity in the framing of the Paraguayan movement is clear. Drawing on media coverage and extensive interviews with indigeus leaders, civil society leaders, and government officials, the book argues that active social mobilization developed around the dignity frame and concludes by looking at the implications for conflict resolution processes and for Paraguay's new democracy. A unique case study, Land and Dignity in Paraguay will interest anyone studying indigeus politics, Latin American politics, as well as issues of development and human rights.
- Author BiographyCheryl Duckworth teaches conflict resolution and global affairs at George Mason University, US. She has published and presented globally on development and conflict, to include a recent book chapter on Iraq's war economy. She has served at the Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy, George Mason's Center for Global Studies, and the Center for International Education in program development and policy analysis capacities.
- Author(s)Cheryl Lynn Duckworth
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight469 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.