Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description<b>The ideal gift for anyone thinking about cycling from Lands End to John O'Groats, even if to yourself.</b><b><i>You will t find as much information to help you plan for the big ride in a single source anywhere else.</i></b></p> Always dreamt about cycling end-to-end? Or maybe it's a new ambition. Either way this book has all the information you need to plan, train for and cycle from Lands End to John O'Groats (or John O'Groats to Lands End if you prefer). Even answers the questions you didn't kw you needed to ask.</p><b>This book has helped thousands of readers with tips and advice about: </b></p><ul><li> How to get to the start/from the finish </li><li> Where you are going to sleep </li><li> Equipment - what you need to take with you </li><li> Nutrition - what you should eat and drink </li><li> How much training you need to do </li><li> Route creation including how to create your own personalised route with gpx file using Google Maps </li><li> A narrative of somebody else's journey to get a feel for the experience and practical pointers on how to deal with some of the problems you may encounter </li></ul><b>What is it all about?</b></p> One of the great thing about the end to end challenge is that it is a big, bold and ambitious challenge that everybody can understand (which helps if for your trying to raise sponsorship for charity) and that most people can achieve if they spend the right amount of time on the ride for their level of riding ability. The concept of cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats is quite simple, get on your bike at one end of the country and ride to the other end. That is why it is often referred to as cycling end to end (it's also less of a mouthful!).</p> The problems start when you come to actually start thinking in detail about planning an end to end cycle. It suddenly looks a whole lot more complicated. Which is probably why you are here, looking for some advice.</p> This book covers everything you need to kw to plan and train for your epic cycle from Lands End to John O'Groats (LEJOG) or John O'Groats to Lands End (JOGLE). </p> Like you, I scoured the internet looking for sites or guides that would tell me what I needed to kw to plan my route from John O' Groats to Lands End train for the ride. I found an ermous quantity of sites and guides but most of them, whilst interesting, were of little help. I bought Land's End to John O' Groats route books that looked good but when I got into the detail I realised the proposed end to end route was t what I wanted.</p> Eventually I found everything I needed, or learnt the hard way, but it took a long time. I just wished that someone had written: </p> The Book I am Looking For That Has All The Answers I Need to Plan and Complete That Lands End to John O'Groats [or Vice Versa] Ride I've Always Talked About Doing But Never Got Around To </p> But they hadn't. So, I decided to write it myself! (But the title was a bit of a mouth full so I changed it.)</p><b>Reader comments: </b></p> '...if you've never planned a ride like this before I would highly recommend this book...'</p> '...really helpful and amusing eugh to overcome my woefully short attention spa...' </p> '...full of very practical tips and advice...' </p> '...it's worth every penny...' </p> '...excellent read for potential End to Enders...' </p> '...the best by far of all that I have read; informative, practical, thoughtful and best of all humorous and entertaining...' </p> '...I was finding the lack of information in a single source frustrating and then found this!...' </p> '...eugh detail and humour to leave the reader with the optimism that they too can meet the challenge themselves...' </p> '...packed with useful information and practical guidance...' </p> '...this book really aided my planning and training.
- Author BiographyI cycle to work, where I am employed as an IT Project Manager, a job I am eminently unqualified to do: I qualified as a solicitor (lawyer). I work diligently whilst thinking about cycling and writing. Then I cycle home and write. Or at least I would do if it wasn't for all the kids and dogs and cats and stuff to deal with. Still, writing does sometimes happen.
- Author(s)MR Royston G Wood
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight151 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.