Landscape Architecture: A Manual of Environmental Planning and Design by John Ormsbee Simonds, Barry W. Starke (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $154.43+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive, current guide to the theory and practice of landscape architecture Filled with more than 400 contemporary full-color images and completely revised and updated, Landscape Architecture, Fifth Edition, remains the quintessential resource on planning for the human use of land in harmony with the environment. The book presents a systematic approach to the creation of more usable, efficient, and attractive outdoor spaces and places. Teaching diagrams, plans, photographs, and graphics-including the works of many of the world's leading landscape architects and firms-are featured throughout. This thoroughly modernized classic offers new coverage of: Sustainability Climate change and global warming Water preservation and water rights Land reuse and brownfield redevelopment GIS mapping Invasive species Urban agriculture and urban forestry Stormwater management Low-impact design Complete streets New urbanism, smart growth, and traditional new development Landscape Architecture, Fifth Edition, discusses every aspect of planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance with full details on: The human habitat and sustainability Climate Water Land Vegetation The visual landscape Topography Community planning and growth management Rational land use planning Urban design Site planning Site spaces Circulation Structures Landscape planting
- Author BiographyBarry W. Starke has been a leader in the profession of landscape architecture for more than 40 years. He graduated with a degree in landscape architecture from the College of Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley, in 1967. While at Berkeley, he was introduced to the first edition of Landscape Architecture, which became a major influence on his career. In 1974, Mr. Starke co-founded the award-winning, multidisciplinary landscape architecture and environmental design firm Earth Design Associates, Inc., and continues to serve as President. In 1988, he was elected to the faculty of the University of Virginia School of Architecture, where he taught Professional Practice. Mr. Starke served as the Centennial President of the American Society of Landscape Architects in 1999, leading ASLA's 100th-anniversary celebration. He is a Fellow of the ASLA, is a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners, and served as Chairman of the Renewable Natural Resources Foundation. In 2003, Mr. Starke received the inaugural M. Meade Palmer Medal for outstanding contributions to landscape architecture. He is the 2010 recipient of the VA ASLA Landmark Award and Honor Award in Communications for the fourth edition of Landscape Architecture. John Ormsbee Simonds, who died in May 2005, was one of the twentieth century's most important figures in landscape architecture and environmental planning. He was recognized worldwide for his visionary thinking and innovative spirit. Mr. Simonds's work and career spanned more than 70 years, bridging an era during which the profession of landscape architecture expandedfrom a small number of individuals in the early 1900s to more than 30,000 land use and environmental planners in the United States today. His many contributions, including Landscape Architecture, helped lay the groundwork for today's focus on environmentally responsible planning and design. Mr. Simonds was President and a Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects, which awarded him its highest honor, the ASLA Medal, and its one-time Centennial President's Medal. He was a member of the President's Task Force on the Environment and Florida Governor's Task Force on Natural Resources, and was a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Design in Great Britain.
- Author(s)Barry W. Starke,John Ormsbee Simonds
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- Series TitleP/L Custom Scoring Survey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight1278 g
- Width221 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.