All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe landscape has been, for many centuries, one of the most important genres in painting. This book examines the landscape from the late Middle Ages to modern times, comprising a sypsis of the genre and covering a selection of the most important landscapes in the history of art. From Titian to Warhol, readers will discover the evolution of this popular genre.Artists featured (in chrological order)include: Jean, Paul und Herman von Limburg, Titian, Joachim Patinir, Albrecht Altdorfer, Veronese, Pieter Brueghel, El Greco, Adam Elsheimer, Rembrandt van Rijn, Claude Gellee, gen. Lorrain, Jacob van Ruisdael, Caspar David Friedrich, John Constable, William Turner, Eugene Delacroix, Albert Bierstadt, Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot, James Abbot McNeill Whistler, Arld Bocklin, Claude Monet, Vincent van Gogh, Edvard Munch, Paul Cezanne, Georges Braque, Paul Klee, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, Yves Tanguy, and Andy Warhol.Each book in Taschen's Basic Genre Series features: a detailed introduction with approximately 35 photographs, plus a timeline of the most important events (political, cultural, scientific, etc.) that took place during the time period; and, a selection of the most important works of the epoch; each is presented on a 2-page spread with a full-page image and, on the facing page, a description/interpretation of the work and brief biography of the artist as well as additional information such as a reference work, portrait of the artist, and/or citations.
- Author BiographyNorbert Wolf has published books on medieval art, Piranesi, Velazquez and Romantic painting, including TASCHEN's Basic Art titles on Velazquez, Kirchner, Friedrich and Holbein, and Codices Illustres: The World's Most Famous Illuminated Manuscripts. He lives in Munich.
- PublisherTaschen GmbH
- Date of Publication25/05/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleTaschen Basic Genre Series
- Place of PublicationCologne
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTaschen GmbH
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight360 g
- Width230 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byNorbert Wolf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.