All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of this book, published in 1994, reshaped the direction of landscape studies by considering landscape t simply as an object to be seen or a text to be read, but as an instrument of cultural force, a central tool in the creation of national and social identities. This second edition adds t only a new preface, but five new essays from Edward Said, W. J. T. Mitchell, Jonathan Bordo, Michael Taussig, and Robert Pogue Harrison-extending the scope of the book in remarkable ways.
- Author BiographyW.J.T. Mitchell, the Gaylord Donnelley Distinguished Service Professor of English and Art History at the University of Chicago, is the editor of Critical Inquiry and author of several books, including The Last Dinosaur Book also published by the University of Chicago Press.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2002
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note90 halftones
- Weight630 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byW. J. T. Mitchell
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.