All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sites depicted in LaChapelle's LAND SCAPE represent the globally networked industrial infrastructure of oil production and distribution. The gas stations and refineries that populate iconic locations are staged as architectural avatars of a planet coping with the stresses of peak-oil - even as the buildings' dazzling spectacle and retro-future aesthetic distracts from the dangers of their function. Both bodies of work use handcrafted scale models, constructed of cardboard and a vast array of recycled materials from egg cartons to tea canisters, hair curlers, and other by-products of our petroleum-based, disposability-obsessed culture
- Author BiographyDavid LaChapelle is known internationally for his exceptional talentin combining a unique hyper-realistic aesthetic with profoundsocial messages.
- Author(s)David LaChapelle,Shana Nys Dambrot
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note80 photographs
- Weight990 g
- Width334 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.