All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionLand is embedded in a multitude of material and cultural contexts, through which the human experience of landscape emerges. Ethgraphers, with their participative methodologies, long-term co-residence, and concern with the quotidian aspects of the places where they work, are well positioned to describe landscapes in this fullest of senses. The contributors explore how landscapes become kwn primarily through movement and journeying rather than stasis. Working across four continents, they explain how landscapes are constituted and recollected in the stories people tell of their journeys through them, and how, in turn, these stories are embedded in landscaped forms.
- Author BiographyArnar Arnason is Senior Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Aberdeen. Nicolas Ellison is Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (Toulouse). Jo Vergunst is Lecturer in Social Anthropology in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Aberdeen. Andrew Whitehouse is a Teaching Fellow in Anthropology at the University of Aberdeen.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEASA Series
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byArnar Arnason,Jo Lee Vergunst,Nicolas Ellison
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.