All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a beautifully illustrated overview of the most prominent landscapes of South Africa and the distinctive landforms associated with them. It describes the processes, origins and the environmental significance of those landscapes, including their relationships to human activity of the past and present. The sites described in this book include, amongst others, the Blyde River Canyon, Augrabies Falls, Kruger National Park, Kalahari desert landscapes, the Great Escarpment, Sterkfontein caves and karst system, Table Mountain, Cape winelands, coastal dunes, rocky coasts, Boer War battlefield sites, and Vredefort impact structure. Landscapes and Landforms of South Africa provides a new perspective on South Africa's scenic landscapes by considering their diversity, long and short term histories, and importance for geoconservation and geotourism. This book will be relevant to those interested in the geology, physical geography and history of South Africa, climate change and landscape tourism.
- Author BiographyThe author is an Associate Professor in Physical Geography at the School of Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Studies of the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. He was awarded his Ph.D. from the University of Natal in Pietermaritzburg in 1998. Dr. Grab is a member of the South African Society for Quaternary Research, of the South African Society for Quaternary Research and of the Southern African Geographical Society. He works as a book review editor for The South African Geographical Journal.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- Series TitleWorld Geomorphological Landscapes
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 106 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight765 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJasper Knight,Stefan W. Grab
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.