All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionConifers are among the most beautiful and versatile of all landscape plants, offering year-round variety of colour, form, and texture. They remain underutilised in the South, in part because of the common misconception that they are t adaptable to the climate. Laying such claims to rest, this book introduces readers to conifers that grow successfully in southern landscapes. Gardeners in the South traditionally have relied on the mass of spectacular spring blooms as the mainstay of their landscapes. However, with the addition of conifers or cultivars of the genus ginkgo, homeowners can enjoy twelve months of low maintenance color. Tom Cox and John Ruter present a variety of conifers that grow from Virginia to Florida to Texas. They provide tips on growing, pruning, preventing disease and pest problems, and on proper selection and cultivation requirements--all unique to the Southeast. In short, this guide includes essential information about what to buy, where to plant it, and how to maintain it. It also offers advice on what to expect from mature conifers and ginkgo while suggesting genera and species that have proved adaptable and cultivars that have performed well in the southeastern United States. Landscaping with Conifers and Ginkgo for the Southeast is a compilation of years of research and horticulture experience that will aid anyone, whether vice or professional, in creating beautiful year-round landscapes.
- Author BiographyTom Cox , past president of the American Conifer Society, is the founder and owner of Cox Arboretum and Gardens in Canton, Georgia. John M. Ruter , Allan M. Armitage Endowed Professor of Horticulture at The University of Georgia, USA is a teacher, ornamental plant breeder, and has authored or coauthored over 400 publications and two books.
- Author(s)John M. Ruter,Tom Cox
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.