All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis work helps you to photograph creatively - from scratch. Don't waste valuable time and money in trial-and-error. Find out w how to create unforgettable pictures with this best-selling, ultimate introduction to photography. Langford's Starting Photography , w in its 5th edition and fully updated with cutting-edge digital methods, is packed with new sections, including portrait photography, shooting sports and action, capturing fireworks, and creating stunning still life images. Inspirational color images throughout show what you can achieve, with practical suggestions for experimental projects to improve your technique. Inside you will: learn when to use film or digital; and how different cameras operate; discover the best tactics for outstanding photos using your camera's controls, such as shutter speed, focus, zoom, and flash; learn key methods for different subjects, including people, places, animals, landscapes, close-ups; develop the best scanner and printing techniques immediately; polish your style with the brand-new Lighting section on flash, studio and available light; and, much more! ' Starting Photography is a hands-on book for photographers just starting their love affair with photography' - Michael Langford, photographer, Course Director, RCA, and writer, 1933-2000. Praise for the previous edition: 'Diagrams and photographs demystify information, helping the book strike a balance between technical details and shooting advice, and helpfully it doesn't talk down to the reader...The scope of information and the reasonable price ensures this is recommended' - What Digital Camera . 'There is a lot of technical information that will give you a good grounding in photography, covering both traditional darkroom techniques and digital methods. Projects allow further exploration of themes and are a good way of extending your mastery of the camera' - Amateur Photographer . 'At last there is an introductory book that I can unreservedly recommend to friends, students and others who are in any way interested in the basics of photography and digital photography' - Sidney Ray, Senior Lecturer in Digital and Photographic Imaging, University of Westminster, photographer and Imaging Consultant. Features include: comprehensive and friendly guide to get you started fast whether using film or digital cameras; lavishly illustrated with inspirational color images throughout to illustrate what can be achieved; and, practical suggestions for experimental projects help improve your technique.
- Author BiographyPhilip Andrews is Adobe Australia's official Photoshop and Elements Ambassador. He is an experienced photographer, author, magazine editor and online course creator. He was previously a lecturer at the Queensland School of Printing and Graphic Arts, Australia and Nescot, England. He is a beta tester for Photoshop, an alpha tester for Photoshop Elements and a Photoshop specialist demonstrator for Adobe Australia. Philip is also co-founder of photo-college.com an online photography training college. He's a regular contributor to several magazines including Shutterbug, Amateur Photographer, Australian Photography and Better Photography, he is senior contributing editor for Better Digital, columnist for What Digital Camera and Co-editor and publisher of Better Photoshop Techniques magazine. Michael Langford, renowned author, teacher, and practitioner, is a legend because of his skill that balanced art and technique. He inspired and taught thousands. As Photography Course Director at the Royal College of Art, London, UK, his key involvement with photography courses and exams set the standard worldwide.
- Author(s)Michael Langford,Philip Andrews
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/02/2007
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Out-of-print date09/05/2009
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight898 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.