All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is one of the first systematic studies to describe the linguistic repertoire and the communicative strategies adopted by Ghanaian immigrants in Italy. The linguistic repertoire of the Ghanaian community in Bergamo (Northern Italy) is described with a special focus on the different codes composing it. The author analyzes the role that each code plays in expressing the community members' ethnic and linguistic identity, and the speakers' attitudes towards each code. She draws on the results of qualitative analysis - adopting both a macro-sociolinguistic and a micro-sociolinguistic perspective - of a database of face-to-face interactions and of formal interviews involving a selected group of Ghanaian immigrants.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Federica Guerini has a degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures from the University of Bergamo, Italy. Before joining the Ph.D. program of the Department of Linguistics of the University of Pavia (2000), she did postgraduate work at the University of Bergamo, where she also worked as an Italian lecturer for the Centre of Italian for Foreigners (Centro di Italiano per Stranieri). At present she works as a Sociolinguistics lecturer at the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy of the University of Bergamo. Her research interests include: African languages, language variation, language contact and language attitudes, multilingual communication, code-switching and conversational analysis.
- Author(s)Federica Guerini
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 21: Linguistik/Series 21: Linguistics/Serie 21: Linguistique
- Series Part/Volume Number289
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.