Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionPACKAGE THIS TITLE WITH OUR 2016 MLA SUPPLEMENT, Documenting Sources in MLA Style (package ISBN-13: 9781319090111). Get the most recent updates on MLA citation in a convenient, 40-page resource based on The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, with plenty of models. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN. Language Awareness has long recognized the power of language and helped students understand and use that power critically and carefully as they make rhetorical choices about their own academic writing. The text provides extensive support for writing, while its relevant and engaging readings grouped into topics--such as community, discrimination, conflict, and gender--explore the pervasive influence of language on our lives. Language in Action activities connect the everyday and the academic by examining current texts and visuals to enhance students' understanding of the readings. This thriving book has w been revised with input from reviewers across the country to include fresh new readings and updated instruction that invites students into the conversation about the power of language.
- Author BiographyPaul Eschholz and Alfred Rosa are professors emeriti of English at the University of Vermont. They have directed statewide writing programs and conducted numerous workshops throughout the country on writing and the teaching of writing. Eschholz and Rosa have collaborated on a number of best-selling texts for Bedford/St. Martin's, including Subject & Strategy; Outlooks and Insights: A Reader for College Writers; with Virginia Clark, Language Awareness; and, with Virginia Clark and Beth Simon, Language: Readings in Language.Virginia Clark was a professor of English at the University of Vermont and served as chair of the English department. With Paul Eschholz and Alfred Rosa, she is the coauthor of Language Awareness.
- Author(s)University Alfred Rosa,University Paul Eschholz,University Virginia Clark
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight680 g
- Width147 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement12th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.