All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. Working with Texts: A Core Introduction to Language Analysis (second edition 2001) is the foundation text, which is complemented by a range of 'satellite titles. These provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics, and can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts. Language Change: * examines the way external factors have influenced and are influencing language change, focusing on how changing social contexts are reflected in language use * explores the attitudes, values and assumptions that shape the way we use language * looks at how language change operates within different genres, such as problem pages, sports reports and recipes * provides lively examples from everyday communication, including letters, emails, postcards and text messages * includes a unit on how new words are formed and features a full glossary.
- Author BiographyAdrian Beard teaches at the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, is an experienced author and is chief examiner for English at A Level.
- Author(s)Adrian Beard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2004
- Series TitleIntertext
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.