All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book adopts a wide focus on the range of East Asian languages, in both their pre-modern and modern forms, within the specific topic area of language change. It contains sections on dialect studies, contact linguistics, socio-linguistics and syntax/phology and deals with all three major languages of East Asia: Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Individual chapters cover pre-Si-Japanese phology, minalizers in Chinese, Japanese and Korean; Japanese loanwords in Taiwan Mandarin; changes in Korean horifics; the tense and aspect system of Japanese; and language policy in Japan. The book will be of interest to linguists working on East Asian languages, and will be of value to a range of general linguists working in comparative or historical linguistics, socio-linguistics, language typology and language contact.
- Author(s)T. E. McAuley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.