Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization is calling for new conceptualizations of belonging within culturally diverse communities. Quebec, driven by the pressures of maintaining Francophone identity and accommodating migrant groups, provides a fascinating case study of how to foster a sense of belonging.
- Author BiographyLEIGH OAKES is Reader in French and Linguistics at Queen Mary, University of London, UK. His research explores questions of language and national identity in Quebec, Sweden, France and the European Union. He has written numerous journal articles and is the author of Language and National Identity: Comparing France and Sweden. JANE WARREN is Honorary Fellow in the School of Languages and Linguistics at the University of Melbourne, Australia. She has published at the juncture of sociolinguistics and cultural studies, in journals such as Culture, Theory and Critique and French Cultural Studies. She is co-author of the forthcoming monograph Language and Human Relations: Styles of Address in Contemporary Language.
- Author(s)Jane Warren,Leigh Oakes
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication05/01/2007
- Series TitleLanguage and Globalization
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight500 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.