All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching children to develop as language users is one of the most important tasks of a primary school teacher. However, many trainee teachers begin their careers with a low kwledge base. Language Kwledge for Primary Teachers is the reader friendly guide designed to address this. This book provides a clear explanation of the kwledge and understanding required by teachers to implement the objectives of the National Curriculum for English. It reveals how an explicit kwledge of language can enrich their own and their children's spoken English. It will give teachers confidence in developing children's enjoyment and comprehension of reading and writing so children can use their language skills in the real world. Updated to include references to the new curriculum, this book explores: * The importance of subject kwledge in supporting children in language and literacy; * Language kwledge within the context of authentic and meaningful texts, from fiction to 'Facebook'; * The links between subject kwledge and real teaching situations; * New areas on talk and dialogic learning; * Increased emphasis on ICT and cross-curricular study. This book will appeal to all trainee and newly qualified teachers needing to achieve both the demands of subject kwledge for Qualified Teacher Status, and a firm understanding of the expectations of the National Curriculum for English.
- Author BiographyAngela Wilson is former Senior Lecturer in Education at the North East Wales Institute of Higher Education, now Glyndwr University. Julie Scanlon is Senior Lecturer in Primary English at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Angela Wilson,Julie Scanlon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.