All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents case studies of language learning beyond the classroom. The studies draw on a wide range of contexts, from North and South America to Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Each provides principled links between theory, research and practice. While out-of-class learning will t replace the classroom, ultimately all successful learners take control of their own learning. This book shows how teachers can help learners bridge the gap between formal instruction and automous language learning. Although English is the primary focus of most chapters, there are studies on a range of other languages including Spanish and Japanese.
- Author BiographyDavid Nunan is a language teacher, teacher educator, researcher, consultant and author. He has published over 30 academic books on second language curriculum design, development and evaluation, teacher education, and research. Jack C. Richards is an applied linguist, teacher educator, and textbook author, a specialist in the teaching of English as a second language (TESOL) who has had an active career in the Asia Pacific region (Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Hawaii) for many years. He is an honorary professor at the University of Sydney.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid Nunan,Jack C. Richards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.