All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores sociocultural theories as they relate to language and literacy teaching and learning, and to professional preparation and development for language teachers. Language teachers and language teacher educators weave research, theory and practice together as they articulate and explore theoretical perspectives through detailed descriptions and analyses of practices.
- Author BiographyMargaret R. Hawkins is a faculty member and Director of the ESL and bilingual teacher education and graduate programs in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Her scholarship and teaching are in the areas of sociolinguistics, second language acquisition, qualitative research methodology, literacy, and critical applied linguistics. Research interests include language teacher education, language and literacy development for young English language learners in schools, and cross-cultural perspectives on home/school relations.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.48
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byMargaret Hawkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.