All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second edition of an easily readable text that provides first-hand information on culturally and linguistically diverse students as well as instructional strategies in the content areas of reading, writing, science, social studies and maths, using simple and direct language. It provides theory and practical strategies to make content of lessons relevant and understandable to students. This new edition includes updated information on current educational programs and local and national standards for English language learners in United States. The book will be of interest to researchers, professionals, under- and postgraduate students interested in the teaching of ethnic mirities.
- Author BiographyAngela L. Carrasquillo is a professor of TESOL and Bilingual Education at Fordham University Graduate School of Education. She is nationally known in the area of second language and bilingual education and has published extensively on these areas. Her books include Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Garland, 1994) and Parents and School (with L. London, Garland, 1993). Vivian Rodriguez is a high school assistant principal in charge of curriculum and instruction in Elizabeth Public School in New Jersey. She completed her doctorate in Language Literacy and Learning at Fordham University and she has extensive experience with the instruction of language minority students.
- Author(s)Angela L. Carrasquillo,Vivian Rodriguez
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 33
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight388 g
- Width174 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.