All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book different aspects of language and aging are discussed. While language spoken by and language spoken with elderly people have been treated as different areas of research, it is argued here that from a dynamical system perspective the two are closely interrelated. In addition to overviews of research on language and aging, a number of projects on this topic in multilingual settings are presented.
- Author BiographyKees de Bot is Chair of Applied Linguistics at the University of Groningen. His research interests include psycholinguistic aspects of multilingualism, maintenance and loss of languages and language policy. More recently he has turned his interest to the application of Dynamic Systems Theory in applied Linguistics. Sinfree Makoni is an internationalist. He did his Phd in the UK and has held a number of professional appointments in the Africa and currently teaches in the US. His main research interests are aging and health in multilingual contexts across the globe, and language in urban contexts.
- Author(s)Kees De Bot,Sinfree Makoni
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2005
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 53
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight245 g
- Width146 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.