Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage Ideologies and Canadian Media explores how French and English Canadian media discuss languages and language issues, which language ideologies predominate in English and French, and whether language ideologies in traditional news media are transferred to new and social media. Using corpus linguistics and discourse analysis and a variety of different datasets ranging from print newspapers to online news, commentary and Twitter, the author argues that language ideologies in Canadian media have a bearing t only on the extent to which Canadian language policies are adopted, but also on the very way that Canadians understand themselves and their place in the nation.
- Author BiographyDr Rachelle Vessey is Lecturer in Applied Linguistics at Newcastle University (UK) and has published her work on language ideologies in Canadian media in a range of academic journals, including Multilingua, Corpora, Language and Politics, Discourse & Society, and Journal of Multicultural Discourses.
- Author(s)Rachelle Vessey
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/05/2016
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 colour illustrations, 45 black & white tables, biography
- Weight483 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.