All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all recognise how important first impressions are, something often formed by how well we speak and write. Language for Life shows how language can be mastered by children and how what they have learned can be carried throughout their lives. This indispensable guidebook for teachers arms pupils with the mental skill of thinking about language. This in turn helps children learn much more easily from the language around them. This book delivers explicit, step-by-step English language instruction via lessons in syntax, grammar, morphology, etymology and punctuation. Language for Life is a proven programme that is built upon years of experience. Lyn Stone's pragmatic and modern approach is supported by feedback from teachers and pupils alike who have attended her numerous classes and workshops. Language for Life turns important research findings into evidence-based, effective classroom practice. This book helps teachers: * learn more about language structure * guide the development of skills to write accurately and in increasing volume * support the emergence of clear and organised thinking for writing * help pupils reach their full potential as readers and writers. Brimming with vital information suitable for both basic and advanced level students, this book is an essential tool for all teachers wishing to give their pupils the best preparation possible to meet the demands of the modern world. Photocopiable worksheets throughout the book put teachers in the position of linguistic expert, guiding pupils through an enriching journey of language discovery and creativity.
- Author BiographyLyn Stone is a linguist and literacy and language specialist. She is the clinical director of Lifelong Literacy and is currently based in Victoria, Australia.
- Author(s)Lyn Stone
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white tables, 56 black & white line drawings
- Weight556 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.