Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses text and image relationships in the history of art from ancient times to the contemporary period across a diversity of cultures and geographic areas. Focusing on the use of words in art and words as art forms, thematic chapters include Pictures in Words/Words in Pictures, Word/Picture Puzzles, Picture/Word Puzzles, Words as Images, The Power of the Word, and Monumental and Moving Words. Chapter subsections further explore cross-cultural themes. Examining text and image relationships from the obvious to the elusive, the puzzling to the profound, the mir to the major, the book demonstrates the diverse ways in which images and writing have been combined through the ages, and explores the interplay between visual and written communication in a wide range of thought-provoking examples. A color insert is included. Instructors considering this book for use in a course may request an examination copy here.
- Author BiographyLeslie Ross is a professor and chair of art history at Dominican University of California (San Rafael). She lives in Tiburon, California.
- Author(s)Leslie Ross
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, colour plates
- Weight440 g
- Width177 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.