All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionLanthanide-Doped Luminescent Namaterials reviews the latest advances in the development of lanthanide-doped luminescent irganic naparticles for potential bioapplications. This book covers the chemical and physical fundamentals of these naparticles, such as the controlled synthesis methodology, surface modification chemistry, optical physics, and their promising applications in diverse bioassays, with an emphasis on heterogeneous and homogeneous in-vitro biodetection of tumor biomarkers. This book is intended for those readers who are interested in systematically understanding the materials design strategy, optical behavior of lanthanide ions, and practical bioapplications of lanthanide naparticles. It primarily focuses on the interdisciplinary frontiers in chemistry, physics and biological aspects of luminescent namaterials. All chapters were written by scientists active in this field and for a broad audience, providing both beginners and advanced researchers with comprehensive information on the subject. Xueyuan Chen is a Professor at Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter (FJIRSM), Chinese Academy of Sciences. Yongsheng Liu is a Research Associate Professor at FJIRSM, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Datao Tu is a Research Assistant Professor at FJIRSM, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Author BiographyXueyuan Chen earned his B.Sc. degree from the University of Science and Technology of China (1993) and his Ph.D. from Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter (FJIRSM), Chinese Academy of Sciences (1998). From 2001 to 2005, he was a postdoctoral research associate at the Chemistry Division of Argonne National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy, where he studied the photophysics and photochemistry of heavy elements. In 2005, he joined the faculty at FJIRSM, where he is currently professor and group leader in Material Chemistry and Physics. His research focuses on the chemistry, optical spectroscopy and bioapplications of lanthanide-doped luminescent nanomaterials. He has authored more than 100 journal publications and six book chapters, co-authored a book on the spectroscopy of laser and luminescent materials, and holds 25 patents. Yongsheng Liu was born in Shandong, China. He earned his BS degree (2001) in Chemistry from Shandong Normal University. He received his MS (2007) and PhD (2010) degrees in Physical Chemistry from FJIRSM, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He joined Prof. Xueyuan Chen's group as a research assistant professor in 2010 and was promoted to research associate professor in 2012. Currently, his research interest focuses on the optical spectroscopy and bioapplications of lanthanide-doped nanomaterials. Datao Tu was born in Hubei, China. He earned his BS degree (2006) from Wuhan University of Technology and later received his PhD degree (2011) in Materials Physics and Chemistry from FJIRSM, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He joined Prof. Xueyuan Chen's group as a research assistant professor in July 2011. His research interest focuses on the chemical synthesis, optical spectroscopy and biodetection of lanthanide-doped nanoprobes.
- Author(s)Datao Tu,Xueyuan Chen,Yongsheng Liu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note47 black & white illustrations, 41 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight503 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.