All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
About this product
- DescriptionLanzelet, one of the first kwn versions of the Lancelot story, is a critical work in medieval literature. This Middle High German romance is a rendering of a lost French tale of Lancelot that likely predates Chretien de Troyes's famous Lancelot or the Knight of the Cart. Ulrich von Zatzikhoven obtained a copy of the original book in 1194 and translated the work from French into German. Kenneth G.T. Webster made the first English translation in the 1930s, and Columbia University Press published it in 1951. Following Webster's death, the famed Arthurian scholar Roger Sherman Loomis made slight modifications to the text and expanded Webster's tes. Thomas Kerth's new translation, prepared with the highest accuracy and scholarly insight available to date, includes a new introduction and revised bibliography, tes from both Loomis and Webster, and a commentary reflecting the fifty years of scholarship on Lanzelet since the publication of Webster's translation.
- Author BiographyThomas Kerth is associate professor in the Department of European Languages at SUNY Stony Brook. He lives in Stony Brook, New York.
- Author(s)Ulrich Von Zatzikhoven
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleRecords of Western Civilization Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight590 g
- Width165 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byThomas Kerth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.