Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ AU $17.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by glenyssongeordie
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere in one slim volume is a selection of the best-kwn and best-loved Lao folktales that have entertained the Lao people for generations. We meet the legendary trickster Xieng Mieng who matches his wits with merchants, monks, and kings. We find a quick-witted toad that terrifies tigers, a turtle that flies, a cadre of snails that race a rabbit, and a mynah bird that speaks five languages fluently. The reader may recognize a whisper of Aesop or a Jataka tale, but each story is distinctively Lao, retold with Lao humor and charm reflecting a Buddhist culture in a Marxist state. Works by Aulom Souvandouane, the foremost illustrator in Laos, enliven the stories.
- Author BiographySteven Epstein lived in Laos from 1990 to 1997. He worked for the Swedish government setting up English training programs in different ministries.
- Author(s)Steven Jay Epstein
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication19/01/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Content Note21 illus.
- Weight61689 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.