Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionBy exhaustively analyzing Lao She's literary writings, Vohra traces the development of his political consciousness and convictions. Answers are sought for crucial questions: Why did Lao She drift to a leftist position? Why did he return voluntarily to China? Why did he become disenchanted with the authoritarian regime? And why did he commit suicide? Besides being an introduction to the life and works of Lao She, this book contributes to a greater understanding of the nature of the social and political change in twentieth-century China.
- Author(s)Ranbir Vohra
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1990
- Series TitleEast Asian Monograph
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight700 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.