Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionHAVE ENDLESS FUN WITH SOLVING LAPPLE PUZZLES & PUT YOUR BRAIN IN TOP OPERATING CONDITION! SOLUTIONS ARE PROVIDED FOR EACH PUZZLE. Welcome to the world of lapple puzzles! All puzzles are fun and entertaining, and this newly created puzzle idea is interesting and stimulating for all ages. Lapple puzzles t only help you learn new words and definitions, they can improve your memory, increase your effective IQ, enhance your language skills, and exercise your mind's muscles for long-term learning. What is a Lapple Puzzle? A lapple puzzle is an overLAPPing words puzzle. Each puzzle is a string of 127 letters. The word overlap is from one to four letters. The objective is the find consecutive overlapping words by following the string from beginning to end. For example, in the string DEVOTIONICES, one finds the words DEVOTION, I, ION, ON, NICE, ICE, and ICES. Why Do Word Puzzles? 1. Word puzzles help the mind. The health benefits of word and logic puzzles can prove worthwhile. Your brain needs regular playtime to form new patterns and complex neural networks naturally. Word puzzles require brain exertion (exercise). Therefore, word puzzles improve memory and encourage better brain function. This can lead to more brainpower, increased skill, and improved concentration and memory. Scientists have found that the brain actually reorganizes itself in response to new challenges, and a word puzzle provides a challenge. In addition, word puzzles are good for your mind's cognitive (thinking and memory) development. 2. Word puzzles teach problem-solving skills. Playing puzzles affects the thinking side of your brain, which forces you to solve problems logically. The skill of effective problem solving is a valuable and important one. A puzzle cant be completed by cheating! An answer is either right or wrong. Therefore, word puzzles teach you to use your own mind to figure out how to think in a logical way to solve problems. 3. Word puzzles teach perseverance. Word puzzles can be challenging, requiring 'practice makes perfect' mentality with repeated attempts at solution. The persistence required to continue attempting a challenging puzzle after repeated failures is a great lesson. In addition, once you see how to complete the puzzle very quickly, you still need to practice. Practice is necessary to master the way chosen to solve the puzzle. This teaches you to focus. 4. Word puzzles teach critical thinking skills. Working word puzzles requires an alert mind. Word puzzles promote thinking and stimulate the brain. They encourage the mind to exercise and sharpen cognitive skills. Deduction is an important critical thinking skill. The puzzles in this book are perfect for learning organizational skills and practicing the process of elimination. Answers need to be sought and found. Thus, you must focus to deduce answers. Working independently on a puzzle helps develop a sense of responsibility. As you work word puzzles, you will often develop a strategy to work each puzzle faster and more efficiently. This helps you learn to achieve small goals as a means toward a larger goal. Building an individual learning strategy helps you reach conclusions, an important critical thinking skill. 5. Word puzzles build self-confidence. Solving puzzles teaches the ability to overcome problems. A puzzle solver usually gets frustrated at first when they try to solve puzzles, but that feeling lessens as they solve more and more puzzles. When you finally solve a puzzle, you experience a sense of accomplishment. Once you successfully complete a puzzle, you will most likely be happy to try ather one. Then, the more you complete word puzzles, the more you will be able to do so quickly. If you have fun and success in word games, you will feel more secure and comfortable, and thus more self-confident. The lapple puzzles in this book teach the importance of how to work through difficulties and cope with impatience or anxiety.
- Author BiographyKALMAN TOTH, M.A. PHYSICS COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY & M.PHIL. IN COMPUTING SCIENCE COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, IS AN SQL DATABASE DESIGN AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST. HIS PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH INTEREST IS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. HE IS CONVINCED THAT MACHINE INTELLIGENCE WILL NOT ONLY REPLACE HUMAN INTELLIGENCE BUT SURPASS IT MILLION TIMES IN THE NEAR FUTURE. HIS HOBBY IS FLYING GLIDERS, VINTAGE FIGHTER & BOMBER PLANES.
- Author(s)Kalman Toth M a M Phil
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.